1. SysML: A UML Extension for System Engineering
• Systems Modeling Language (www.omgsysml.org)
• General-purpose systems modeling language
• Specification, analysis, design, verification and validation of a broad range of complex systems
• Expected to be customized to model domain specific applications
• E.g., Space, Automotive, Aerospace and Communications
• UML-compatible systems modeling language
• For supporting the exchange of information using standardized notations and semantics that are understood in precise and consistent ways
• Aligned with the ISO AP-233 standards
2. Why Model Driven Engineering is Needed?
• To deal with complexity of systems development
• Abstract a problem to focus on some particular points of interest
• improve understandability of a problem
• Possible set of nearly independent views of a model
• Separation of concerns (e.g. “Aspect Oriented Modeling”)
• Iterative modeling may be expressed at different level of fidelity
• To minimize development risks
• Through analysis and experimentation performed earlier in the design cycle
• Enable to investigate and compare alternative solutions
• To improve communication ...
... to foster information sharing and reuse!
• A model is often best suited than a long speech !
• To focus on specific domain expertise while developing software system
• Domain Specific LanguageTo deal with complexity of systems development
Replaced/Superseded by document(s)
|File||MIME type||Size (KB)||Language||Download|
|Modelling and Analysis of Real-Time Embedded Systems.pdf||application/pdf||5.35 MB||English||DOWNLOAD!|