• Achieve right-to-market – by ensuring that your products meet customer value perceptions, time-to-market windows of opportunity and quality-related objectives
• Accelerate time-to-market – by enabling your development teams to understand the entire impact of their design decisions as early in the product lifecycle as possible, thereby minimizing unnecessary rework
• Meet customer expectations – by making certain that every aspect of your product complies with its related customer and regulatory requirements
• Ensure compliance – by enabling program managers to measure and track design items that must comply with specific requirements and flagging instances when a requirement is in danger of being violated
• Master product change – by enabling development teams to see the impact that design changes and product decisions will have across all views of a system – as well as enabling managers to monitor product development as it takes place
• Optimize the whole product – by using high-level product abstractions to interrelate and optimize complex, interdependent product constraints and subject them to tradeoff analysis
before detailed design begins
Teamcenter® software’s systems engineering solution provides a first-of-its-kind environment that companies can use to apply systems engineering concepts to product development. By combining Teamcenter’s holistic systems engineering approach with its knowledge and process management capabilities, you can understand your products in their entirety and optimize the tradeoffs that have to be made throughout a decision-intensive development cycle. Users can capture conceptual designs, perform tradeoffs by using Excel in a multi-user engineering database (for example, to directly manipulate physical parameters such as cost or power), then capture logic and other diagrams and output the results to standard documents by using Visio.