This handbook establishes design and documentation guidance for full qualification of vision and targeting sensor systems, which will be completed prior to issue of an Airworthiness Release (AWR). It includes statements, analyses and preliminary analyses regarding sensor systems and subsystems. Guidance may be tailored for development of test requirement at the discretion of the Government. Requirements contained within this document apply only to sensor systems that have the subject equipment or subsystem. Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) systems are not exempt from the requirements herein. COTS systems will meet all applicable requirements in order to obtain an airworthiness release. The airworthiness authorities may waive COTS requirements. Documentation of the waiver is required. Sensor payloads should be considered as safety critical. Analysis, inspections, simulations, testing, and demonstration will verify compliance of system, subsystem, or component to the applicable specification.
2.0 APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS
The documents listed below are not necessarily all of the documents referenced herein, but are those needed to understand the information provided by this handbook.
2.2 Government Documents
2.2.1 Specifications, Standards and Handbooks
The following specifications, standards, and handbooks form a part of this document to the extent specified herein.
• MIL-STD-461 REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONTROL OF ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE CHARACTERISTICS OF SUBSYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
• MIL-STD-464 ELECTROMAGNETIC ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS REQUIREMENTS FOR SYSTEMS
• MIL-STD-810 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING CONSIDERATIONS AND LABORATORY TESTS
• MIL-STD-1425 MILITARY LASERS AND ASSOCIATED SUPPORT EQUIPMENT, SAFETY DESIGN REQUIREMENTS FOR
• MIL-STD-1472 HUMAN ENGINEERING
• MIL-E-7016 ELECTRICAL LOAD AND POWER SOURCE CAPACITY, AIRCRAFT, ANALYSIS OF
• MIL-STD-7080 SELECTION AND INSTALLATION OF AIRCRAFT ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
Replaced/Superseded by document(s)
|File||MIME type||Size (KB)||Language||Download|
|Aeronautical Design Standard (ADS) Handbook- Data and Test Guidance for Qualification of Sensor Systems on Aircraft.pdf||application/pdf||395.61 KB||English||DOWNLOAD!|