14. The most common expression for Maintenance Ratio (MR) is maintenance man-hours per operating hour which is an indication of the maintenance burden associated with the system. If appropriate, other terms such as miles or rounds may be substituted for hours. Scheduled as well as corrective maintenance, in keeping with the user's maintenance requirements, are included without regard to their effect on mission or availability of the system.
15. Measure of depot performance. An aircraft 'on time' when it is completed at the time promised. For aircraft this is the exact day that it was scheduled to be completed.
Replaced/Superseded by document(s)
|File||MIME type||Size (KB)||Language||Download|
|Military Handbook- Reference Data for Logistics Metrics.pdf||application/pdf||4.64 MB||English||DOWNLOAD!|
1. The handbook is approved for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense.
2. This handbook is for guidance only. This handbook cannot be cited as a requirements. If it is, the contractor does not have to comply.
3. This handbook is an abbreviated reference guide for logistics metrics. It emphasizes the accepted service and DoD Standard metrics used in daily operations by logistics personnel. This handbook is a compendium of other documents and is designed to provide logistics personnel with frequently used information needed in logistics functions. This handbook will be used as a reference for all DoD logistics agencies. Although a concerted effort has been made to ensure that this handbook is accurate, there may be inconsistencies between it and other applications. Approved service manual will be considered the authoritative sources when questions arise.