Keywords humour systems engineering
Replaced/Superseded by document(s)
- The earth is flat.
- Systems engineering principles differ from the principles of hardware and software engineering.
- Archimedes invented the aircraft.
- Functional architecture is independent of physical implementation.
- The Kentucky Derby is held in Japan.
- Use cases are sufficient for requirements capture.
- Brittney Spears is a medieval weapon.
- Functional analysis should follow requirements analysis.
- Politicians always tell the truth.
- Systems engineering and object orientated analysis and design are from different worlds.
- The engineering of systems is subject to a common set of principles irrespective of the nature of the system – abstract, physical, hardware, software.
- The differences between different applications of systems engineering lie in different requirements, different technologies of solutions, different complexities and different uncertainties.
- The engineering of non-systems (engineered products that are not themselves systems) is little different to the engineering of systems.