Structured, standardized approach to architecture
– offers guidelines, consistent ontology and commonality to support
development of integrated architectures across DoD
– organizes & compiles into one package all needed views to make investment
decisions, develop new systems, etc.
– logical approach to capture and express capabilities for DOTMLPF
– Provides overarching guidance for all services, rules, and product descriptions
– Accepted as a standard by the DoD architecture community Common
– means to enable communications, …interchangeable formats/specifications,
…language for comparing architecture, …Lexicon and Framework across DOD
and for architects supporting the DoD.
– set of standards for what each product should look like.
– starting point for architecture artifact contents and meaning and views
– definition of what comprises an architecture and allows commands the flexibility to develop products they deem important for their needs Mature framework for arch modeling of a system of systems Industry and systems engineering professional and standard societies (OMG, INCOSE) have decided to adopt it because of these strengths Relationships between 26 FW products…when built correctly, the differing products complement and reinforce the information found in individual products. When combined with a comprehensive architecture development methodology such as ABM, building DoDAF products ensures that the architect is developing a uniform set of data that can be used in multiple architecture products in multiple formats
Replaced/Superseded by document(s)
|File||MIME type||Size (KB)||Language||Download|