The INCOSE Lean SE Working Group:
• Initiated in Jan. 2006 in ABQ, 30 participants in first meeting in order to draw on the collective wisdom of INCOSE members
• June 2006: 60 participants in Orlando
• November 2008: 100+ names and growing
• WG Core Team (all volunteers, working in spare time) Co-chairs identified with asterisk:
Dave Cleotelis*, Raytheon, FL (2006-08)
Charles Garland*, AFIT
Ray Jorgensen*, Rockwell Collins, IA
Earll Murman, MIT, ret.; WG Core Team Member Emeritus
Bo Oppenheim*, LMU, Los Angeles
Deb Secor*, Rockwell Collins, IA
• Webmasters: Ray Jorgensen (CONNECT), Bo Oppenheim
Intended Audience for LEfSE:
• To paraphrase Samantha Brown, INCOSE President Elect: “There is a Valley of Death between Academia and Industry”. Our WG attempts to bridge the Valley.
• LEfSE formulated for Industry SE practitioners
• But the development strongly benefited from academic depth, breadth, and rigor.
• Focused on providing affordable, timely solutions to increasingly complex challenges
• Improving response time from the identification of need to the release of the system
• Integrating Systems Engineering and relevant parts of Program and Enterprise Management
• All stakeholders -from Enterprise, Program and SE Managers -to entry-level engineers should be familiar with LEfSE.